IB Chemistry Ch 2 Atomic Structure NotesView IB Tutor's Full Store
IB Chemistry SL 2단원에 필요한 모든 개념들을 보기 쉽게 정리한 요약본 ppt 파일입니다. 간단한 예시와 정답 풀이도 있으니 개념 공부하는 데 도움이 될거에요.
(3페이지) Atomic Theory
Greek philosopher Democritus conceived that matter was composed of indivisible particles. However, there was no concrete scientific evidence to this statement.
John Dalton developed an atomic model called Dalton’s atomic theory
– Postulate 1: All matters consist of very small particles called atoms.
– Postulate 2: An element consists of only one type of atoms.
– Postulate 3: Compounds consist of more than one element, and formed by combining
atoms in whole-number ratio.
– Postulate 4: Atoms cannot be created or destroyed.
(45페이지) Electron Configuration
Electron configuration: how electrons are distributed in sublevels
quantum numbers → any orbital can hold a maximum of 2 electrons with opposite spin
∴ s orbital can have 2 electrons, p orbital 6 e−, d orbital 10 e−, and f orbital 14 e−
Aufbau principle: electron fills the lowest available energy level first
Hund’s rule: electrons fill the orbitals singly and pair up only when all the orbitals are already singly filled
Madelung’s rule (n+l rule): the orbital with smaller n+l is lower in energy
- 총 페이지수: 49 pages
- 과목명: Chemistry
- 주제: IB Chemistry Chapter 2 노트
- The file is in PDF format.
IB Chemistry Ch 2 Atomic Structure Notes